In honor of our deliciously themed Apple & Cherry Party from yesterday, I thought it would be fun to make some delightful cupcake treats to add to the fun. Aren't these just the most adorable things ever? Here's how it's done . . .
Cherry Pie Cupcakes
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Supplies You Will Need:
~ 35 standard sized baked vanilla cupcakes
~ 2 cans cherry pie filling, drained, but keep juice
~ 3 cups butter cream vanilla frosting-or 3 purchased 16oz containers
~ piping bag
~ Decorating tips:
(for the ruffled edge of cupcakes)
(simple line to hold in filling)
(smooth side up to create "lattice")
1. Frost cupcake thinly. Fill pastry bag with buttercream frosting. Using tip #5, pipe a line around the outer edge of cupcakes (to hold filling).
2. Drain berries from juice, pat dry. Place halfed cherries on center of cupcake. Add 1-2 teaspoons cherry juice/filling covering tops of cherries.
3. Using tip #47 (smooth side up) pipe 3 ribbons of frosting equally spaced on top of fruit (to create the 'lattice')
4. Rotate cupcake and repeat to continue to make lattice.
5. Using tip #103, wide end up, pipe ruffle,"crust" around edge of cupcake. (tip: hold cupcake in hand and rotate)
That's it! So simple & sweet!!
Partial Tutorial Courtesy of Liz Bushong